MALTA INTERNATIONAL PIANO COMPETITION 2018
Back to Jury
Georg Friedrich Schenck
• Georg Friedrich Schenck is teaching piano and chamber music as a Professor at Robert Schumann Hochschule, Düsseldorf, Germany.
• Schenck studied with Rudolf Dohm, Claudio Arrau, Professor Bernhard Ebert and André Watts.
• He played concerts in Europe, South America, USA and Japan with major conductors and orchestras like NHK Orchestra/Gerd Albrecht, Tokyo Symphony Orchestra/Takashi Asahina, Württembergisches Kammerorchester/Jörg Faerber etc.
• Together with André Watts as a piano duo he did concerts in New York, San Francisco, Pasadena etc.
• His CD recordings for Koch-Schwann, Brilliant Classics, Piano Classics and Warner Classics Japan got numerous awards.
• Schenck developed unorthodox and very successful teaching methods, called “Kreative Interpretationstechnik”
• His students have won several international competitions as Chopin Competition Warszawa, Concours Reine Elisabeth Bruxelles, Van Cliburn Competition Fort Worth, Sviatoslav Richter Competition Moscow, Concorso Alessandro Casagrande Terni, Maria Canals Competition Barcelona, Internationaler Musikwettbewerb Köln, Valsesia Musica International Competition and more.
• 2015 Schenck was appointed as an "Honorary Guest Professor" at the China Conservatory in Beijing.
Tickets & Info
Tel.: +356 2559 5750
for Support of Culture
36, Merchants Street Valletta,
VLT 1173 Republic of Malta.